Pages

October 18, 2010

When Trends Go Wrong: A Weekend Recap

So this weekend a bunch of us went out for my brother in law's birthday; a great time had by all, we started the night off in the North End, the Italian eatery section of the bean. After dinner we strolled over to the hot spot over at the Liberty Hotel, Alibi. 


This is where I couldn't believe my eyes. 


Okay, so not everyone can pull off trends, including myself from time to time, but the amount of ladies (ahem, and gentleman) who failed to look in the mirror before leaving was a bit...disappointing. Albeit, it gave us something to look at. No, no; I didn't take photos of these people (although I may have tried), I wanted to share what I saw, and what would have been better.

  • Do not over glitter yourself. Yes, we get it, you want to dress up. That's great and I love that. But too much glitter and metallic goes the wrong way- and a little goes a long way. What she did:

++
I get it, you love glitter. But you blinded people. What would have been better:
++
Choose one item with a sequin glitz; ONE metallic, and a sheen silk blouse would have been better.

  • I've mentioned this before, but when it comes to animal print; less is more. Do not wear a leopard print shirt, adorned with an animal print bag and a leather skirt. You know the E show, Fashion Police? Well they have a segment called Starlet or Streetwalker. This chicky would have won for street walker (by the way, how adorable is MsKellyO?) . What this gal did:
++
Raaaawr gone very wrong. My rules: 1. If you wear a mini, wear more on top. 2. If you wear a leopard print, and want to wear two of it (which really is another rule of mine -don't do it), at LEAST have them match a little.
What would have been better:
++
One minor change switches the look from trashy to flashy.

So what did I wear?
++
A military green shirt dress, paired with my camel colored boots, finished off with my LV Pouchette Twin.


My weekend lesson take away? Always look in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment