Pages

October 5, 2010

Weekend Shopping Recap

It's not very often I can spend the whole day uninterrupted hanging out with my mother- between our busy schedules, we usually have to plan a week or two in advance. So that we did and decided we would head out to the premium outlets where I must say we did some damage.


It's getting to be very fall like here in Massachusetts, so I was trying to determine what I should wear while shopping & walking outside, trying stuff on, and getting hot in the meantime.


Here is what I decided on:
Jeans are Citizens of Humanity Kelly boot cut, shirt is by Sweat Pea, scarf by Michael Stars, and bag is Marc by Marc Jacobs. Boots slouchy leather from Victoria's Secret. Of course, I needed a jacket (baby, it was cold outside!), so I opted for this Marc by Marc Jacobs jacket:


Now the damage I did:
This dress is from Saks Off Fifth- I plan to pair it with a pump or my black knee high boots w/ a zipper in the back; It's 5/48 brand which is the private label. The zippers at the shoulders allow the sleeves to come off. Ever go out and it's cold outside, but hot inside? No issue with this number. I definitely could wear this with leggings, also.






Additional View OneI also got a 5/48 brand long off-white chunky knit cardigan. It's cut so well; longer in the back than in the front, I can wear it with a skirt, dress, leggings, or jeans. It's similar to this one, from Marciano, but does not have buttons:








My mother decided to treat me to a long, heather grey, t-shirt tunic by Factory by Erik Hart (hey, I buy her lunch, I get a shirt!). The cotton is so soft on it, has ruching in the front & semi-sheer in the back. I plan on pairing it with leggings and boots. Perhaps I will also wear the off-white cardigan with it!
And lastly, I picked up this chunky BCBG Max Azria Sweater, in cherry red. It's a bit longer on me than the model, so I could feasibly wear it as a dress, or a shirt.
The best thing about the 3 sweater based items I purchased? The total cost was under $150 (hey, the tunic was a gift from my mother!)!


I can't wait to wear my new garb!


No comments:

Post a Comment