Pages

October 21, 2010

Prabal Gurung: Designer to Watch!

I want to talk about simple silhouettes, sharp designs and simple colors. Blacks, Camels, Reds.
This is Prabal Gurung. His Fall 2010 collection is the perfect blend of classic meets modern. Here are my picks from his line, and why you can wear them.


If you're buxom up top, this may be a good fit for you. The high neck line along and sleek cut of the blouse, paired with the bright camel colored pants is a sure win in my book.
Next up is this camel and white colored dress. I talk to my friends about dresses a lot, and here are the two things I hear constantly. 1. The straps aren't wide enough. 2. The dress is too short. If you've found yourself saying these two things, check this dress out. The straps are wide enough that you can wear your normal undergarments and the dress is long enough that you won't feel like you're going to a nightclub if you're wearing this during the day. Don't want the camel color?Don't worry, he designed this dress in black, too! It's like Prabal knows women! 
Here we have what I am calling, the take no prisoners work outfit. You love fashion but you work in an office that you have to be somewhat formal- all the time? But you don't want to appear too over the top? This lightly ruffled white blouse and black tiered-not-so-short skirt is a perfect addition to your 9-5 wardrobe. Throw on the pair of red and black booties as Prabal showed here and you'll be kicking ass and taking names.
My last pick of the Fall 2010 line is this hot cocktail dress. Holidays are fast approaching and that means you need a dress you'll stand out in. The black in the skirt will camouflage any insecurities you may have while all the attention is made on the red ruffle one shoulder sexiness on top. I'll be looking for this dress very soon!

If you've never heard of Prabal before, I'm glad I could share his brilliance with you! I hope you find something in his line you love, too. You can find more at prabalgurung.com

1 comment: