Pages

September 26, 2010

Leather and Lace...In the office?

I want to share how excited I am leather and lace is in trend this fall. No, not the S &M leather and lace you're thinking about. I'm talking about leather and lace you can wear to the office.


So, I have owned this one black cotton pencil skirt with a very subtle lace trim & slight slit up the back for what has to be 6 years. Over the years, it has gotten much wear; but is still in fantastic condition.


It's extremely similar to this one but there is lace right at where the skirt hits the knee. 

The problem was, it's elasticized at the waist and depending on my mood, it sometimes caused me to be a little self conscious if my hips were showing a bit too much bodunk-a-dunk. Some days I could rock it, some days I was too fearful. I was missing the perfect jacket to wear with this skirt.


Alas, Autumn 2010 has arrived and stores and designers across the land started following the likes of Bottega Veneta for leather trim accents, Hugo Boss for fitted jackets, and Proenza Schouler  for exposed zippers. One day this Fashionista went to Bloomingdales and saw this number:
GUESS "Amber" Plaid Cotton Blazer
Guess Amber Plaid Leather Jacket
I tried it on and was in love. I have been looking for a red plaid jacket for some time, and this one was perfect. I could dress it up with a skirt; dress it down with jeans. The bells of heaven rang.

I returned home and immediately tried it on with aforementioned laced trim pencil skirt. Too many trends in one I asked myself...no no. Not at all. Due to the subtlety of the accents of leather and zipper on the jacket, a black camisole underneath, and the lace on the skirt, it actually paired ridiculously well. 

On the feet I will wear red pumps or maybe lace black peep toes.  We'll see how sassy I feel as my red shoes are my sassy shoes (every fashionista has to have a pair!)
or
Hale Bob Ibiza Black Lace Peep-toe Pump from Tod

Which ever shoes I decide to wear, this outfit is a no fail for kicking ass and taking names at the office. When I put this outfit on, I'll be sure to share with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment