Pages

February 1, 2011

What I've been wearing: It's been a while.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's been a while. 6 weeks...ish since I last posted.  I get it. 
In my defense, the past few months my mind has been preoccupied. With the holidays, family and friend events, work, and just life, my blogging has taken a back burner.


So what have I been up to?


Trying to find stylish clothes that fit me. With an ever changing figure (yours truly is expecting her first little one on July 1, 2011), the past few months have been challenging in the clothes department for me. I mean, sure, many of my pre-pregnancy jeans fit probably up until about 1- 2 weeks ago (when I was 16/17 weeks along), but not without some serious muffin top...which is NOT so fashionable. Luckily I still can squeeze myself into many of my regular shirts, sweaters, and Ts, so it's really been a balancing act of what fits vs. what is comfortable vs. what looks good AND makes me feel good.


The style I have been rocking at least 2 days a week for the past 2-3 months is leggings, tunics, and flats. It's a great interim solution for those who are pregnant & in between clothes sizes; or even those who just want to wear something comfortable. With an outfit like this; the key is to accessorize appropriately.. 


Hue Cotton Leggings +Alice + Olivia "Cascade" Cardigan+Tory Burch 'Reva' Metallic Snake Embossed Leather Flat
These are all pieces that I've owned, are not maternity, and I still can wear them right now.
Now, it appears as though this may be a somewhat boring ensemble. So I have been trying to add a touch of pizzaz to it via accessories. 


Night version:
If I am going out at night; I will wear these diamond hoops that belonged to my husband's aunt. And then I will throw on this Judith Ripka chain in Sterling (not the pictured gold) (thank you Husband). Lastly for my purse. I tend to wear this Chanel Vintage 2.55 Large Flap Bag that was my mother in laws, often, when I go out. It's classic. It's understated...and well, it's Chanel.
Judith Ripka 18k Gold Small & Large Twisted Link Necklace+

Day Version:
Now, I dress my accessories down when I'm running errands. Perhaps throwing on my Koolaburra's (that I scored on Rue La La for about 65% off) or my Emu "fuzzy boots" as I allude to them. Maybe toss on a chunkier statement necklace and fun bracelet, and finish it off with a  satchel.
KOOL-1201 Classic Tall, koolaburra.com+CAROLEE LUX Double Row Beaded Necklace, 18"+MARC BY MARC JACOBS Classic Q Baby Aidan Satchel+

My next post will be about my journey to find fashionable maternity clothes. So far, I am finding it a bit of a challenge, but I am confident fashionable pieces do exist.
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment