Pages

December 10, 2010

Give Jeans a Chance

When it comes to jeans...I am a self proclaimed jeans snob.
I have expensive taste.
I usually buy jeans like J Brand or Citizens or True Religion. I have found that they fit me the best. But they also get CRAZY expensive at sometimes over $150 a pair...so I am constantly looking for a bargain pair...either waiting for Black Friday or the day after Christmas online shopping discounts, or running to my local TJ Maxx to find them at 30-40% off.


Recently I have been digging the "Boyfriend Jean" look...Joe's Jeans or CJ by Cookie Johnson both make this relaxed yet stylish look. But it wasn't totally what I was looking for. I wanted just a bit of distressing throughout the jean.
Joe's Jeans "The Bestfriend" Easy-Fit Jeans in Lauren Wash CJ by Cookie Johnson "Love" Boyfriend Jeans
But the prices of the two shown above are both $178. I mean, sure with 30% off, they go down to about $124...but still, that's a lot of moula to some people...especially during the holiday season.

Now, I was taking a chance-- and going against every belief I had- and went to the Old Navy website. I despise the Old Navy commercials...and very rarely shop there because of them (hey Old Navy, do you hear me? Should I say it LOUDER?!?). But I held my breath as I typed "boyfriend" and searched womens. And the sound of Angels sang in my head as this picture pulled up:

So, I ordered them. I mean, for 34.50 (although I got them even more so on sale), why not, right?
And they came in the mail yesterday.
And I tried them on.
And they are amazing.
So from one self proclaimed jean snob to (potentially) another, Give These Jeans a Chance. You may not need to spend that $178 dollars to get the perfect fit.

3 comments:

  1. Old Navy pants have never fit me right. I gave up on them probably ten years ago. Maybe I should circle back and give them another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you on the Old Navy commercials. But since Old Navy is Gap, and I've never been crazy about Gap jeans, I refuse to shop there anyway.

    I *am* with you, though, that jeans don't have to be $4,000 to fit right. I'll take my $39.95 NY & Co. jeans any day, even though I did once try on (but not purchase) a pair of $125 Lucky Brand jeans that were fab.

    I'm old enough that "designer" jeans were $20 or $30 and when Guess came out with $50 pairs we were all floored. I refused to own them and stuck with my less expensive Jordache. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I'm with Marcy on giving up on Old Navy...I hate their jeans. Actually come to think of it, I own only 3 pairs of jeans and all pretty much the same color. One skinny, one bootcut, and one junky pair (for hanging out comfortably.) So I guess it's only 2 nice ones really...lol! I can't wear them to work at all. But anyway, where I was going with this was, Levi is my brand at about $40 a piece :D

    ReplyDelete